It’s official. Our inventory scanning app Counter, which we released last year, has been so popular we’re now launching it as a fully-fledged integration with Vend. We’ve also given it a nice new name. So please welcome it in its new form – Scanner by Vend.
We are so excited about this, and want to thank everyone who gave feedback on Counter to help us create a truly useful and unique inventory scanning product. And an even bigger thank you to all our Vend retailers who asked for it to be integrated with Vend – that is now a reality!
Scanner by Vend is a beautifully designed app that essentially turns your iOS device into a mobile scanning super-tool. It will still be available free to all retailers via the App Store, and can be used with any POS system just like before. But now Vend customers can use it integrated with their Vend stock control functionality. Scanner works seamlessly with Vend together to sync counts, product details and inventory levels – removing the need for spreadsheets or manual entry. Let multiple employees count at the same time, and see counts update in Vend in real time.
This app is designed to be a replacement for retailers currently counting inventory with pen and paper. It works by allowing a retailer to count their inventory straight from their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch by scanning the barcodes of their products with their device. They can then export this data to a CSV file spreadsheet and import it into their POS or computer system – whichever works best.
Key features of Scanner by Vend include:
- Scan inventory item barcode labels or UPCs using the built-in camera
- Multiple input options: continuous scan (no need to edit quantity for the same item), auto next scan (no need to press any buttons), manual quantity input (scan and enter quantities larger than 1)
- Vibrates/beeps to notify you of a valid scan
- Quick editing: easily correct mis-entered quantities or scans
- Input barcodes/items and product names manually
- Email your counts to CSV file format, and share your counts via Slack, AirDrop, Dropbox, and other cloud apps
- Seamlessly syncs with Vend’s stock control functionality
Want to give it a go? Find out more here.
About Kate Webby
Kate is the guardian of communications at Vend. Her love of retail began with ice cream (selling it at music festivals), jewellery (selling it in department stores), and badly made coffee (serving it in cafes). Having lived and worked for technology companies across the oceans, Kate loves sharing Vend's story and the success of its amazing customers around the world.