Easter’s just around the corner, and we’ve been hopping along to get more exciting updates out the door! Here’s what’s new in Vend this month.
Square and Vend: Now available in Australia — we’re excited to announce our partnership with Square has extended to Australia. Now, retailers across Australia and the US can use Square payments in-store to accept any way their customers wish to pay, and give shoppers a checkout experience they’ll love.
Enjoy a fixed rate regardless of transaction type, and see money in your bank account within two business days. Find out more.
Sell screen — we’ve made some updates to the new Sell screen, which include:
- Improved line item visibility — previously, locked line items were greyed out and difficult to view. We’ve improved locked line item visibility when making a sale, so you can easily identify products.
- Coming soon: Searching on the Sell screen just got faster — to make selling with Vend even better, we’re making some under-the-hood changes so searching and selling on the Sell screen is much speedier. These changes will affect how you’re able to operate in Offline Mode. You’ll no longer be able to search for products or customers by name when offline. You can still detect products with a barcode scanner, by typing in SKUs or Customer IDs, or by using Quick Keys. Find out more.
Reporting — it’s now possible to include customer group, email and phone details when running a customer sales report! Reports can be segmented based on products and sales to target particular customers, which can be extracted from Vend to use in your marketing campaigns.
Vend Register 2.5.4 — we’ve released our latest version of Vend on iOS which includes:
- Smaller barcode printing to reduce the amount of space used on receipts.
- Support for the Epson TM-T20 printer.
- Fixed linking issues with the Star TSP605II Bluetooth receipt printer.
Get gift cards in-store before the Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and graduation sales frenzies! — did you know 65% of gift card redeemers spend almost 40% more than the card’s value? If you’re running low on gift cards in-store, now’s a good time to top up. Get 15% off orders over $400 from Plastic Printers using promo code ‘SPRING2017AEX1’.
Stock control — when viewing orders, transfers and stock returns, it’s now possible to see what user each task was “Created by”.
Bug fixes — we fixed an error that occurs when deleting tags while editing a product. Roles that couldn’t edit sales in the Sales Ledger are now able to apply refunds. And sale line item notes in Sales Ledger are now included in CSV data exports.
About Ashley Gilgrist
Ashley looks after product marketing at Vend — working hard to bring exciting product launches to retailers around the globe. When she’s not busy talking all-things-Vend, Ashley also has a love of tea, candle-crafting, binge-watching, and hiking the pointy peaks of New Zealand.