You spoke and we listened. Over the past few months, we’ve asked our retailers for feedback through our quarterly survey. The three big themes from the past quarter were Gift Cards, Store Credit, and cashier permissions. Well, we’ve got great news for you.
Gift Cards and Store Credits are coming soon, and we’ll be getting in touch with retailers to join the beta in the coming weeks. Cashier permissions are something we’re looking to add in upcoming versions of Vend Register for iPad and the point of sale on the web. This is still at an early stage, so we’ll make sure to update you with more information in the future.
Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to answer our quarterly survey. It really helps us build a point of sale you’ll love to use. We can’t wait to hear from you when the next survey goes out!
Vend & Apple – This month we were excited to announce that we’re working with Apple to revolutionize how SMBs do retail. Vend connects seamlessly to an ecosystem of amazing apps (such as Xero and Deputy) to take the hassle out of point of sale, accounting, and staff management. Unleash the power of mobile retail with Vend and iPad to create tomorrow’s shopping today, whether you have one store or one hundred. To find out more, head to vendhq.com/apple.
MercuryPay Payments Integration (US Only) – With Mercury, you can accept all major debit and credit cards (including chip cards) and even take contactless payments such as Apple Pay. And the best part, it’s fully integrated with all Vend platforms. Find out more.
iPad Receipt Templates – Exciting news! We’ve added receipt templates to the Vend Register iPad app. Now you can add logos and custom footer information to your iPad receipts, and manage templates directly from your Vend admin area.
Just one thing to note – the new receipt templates will replace your current one. We recommend your store manager create a template (using your beautiful logo) as soon as possible. You can update your template online or by going to Setup > Outlets and Registers > Add Receipt Template. Here’s a quick article to show you how.
Product CSV exports – We’ve added receipt templates to the Vend Register iPad app. Now you can add logos and custom footer information to your iPad receipts, and manage templates directly from your Vend admin area.
1. If you’re applying filters to your export, you’ll need to press the “Update” button before exporting.
2. We’ve removed the old, blue “Export CSV” button.
Product Add-Ons – This month, we’ve added a few new product add ons that integrate beautifully with Vend to help you streamline your business.
- MailSync autosyncs your Vend customer data to your mailing list, saving you time and energy. Keep your mailing list up-to-date with detailed customer data, like name, email, purchase activity, and Vend loyalty balances. Get your first three months free by using the code MAILSYNCFREE3. Offer expires July 1, 2015.
- ecomdash, a multi-Channel Inventory Control Software, allows you to quickly manage sales orders, shipping, listing & more. You can enjoy ecomdash completely free for your first month using the coupon code VEND. Coupon code expires August 15, 2015.
- Smallfish is an ecommerce integration that provides you with all of the tools you need to create a great-looking online store with no technical skills required. Products within Vend populate within your Smallfish store and stock levels are automatically synchronized. Sell a product in your bricks-and-mortar store and it will automatically go out of stock on your site. Sell a product online and the purchase will be instantly visible within your POS system so you know to scoop it off the shelf before a walk-in customer leaves the shop with it and you have to chase them down the street. Smallfish is free to set up and you only pay when you are ready to start selling.
- Click here to learn more about Vend’s product add ons.
Register Beta – Just a friendly reminder that Register, our completely reimagined sell screen, is currently in beta and we’d love for you to try it out! There are some important features (such as Quick Keys, Loyalty and integrated payments) that we need to add. You’ll still have access to the current sell screen, but this is a great opportunity to take a look at the direction we’re taking to improve your point of sale.
You can get to Register (beta) by hitting the “Register” link in the new app switcher in your menu.
Vend Register iPad App – This month’s release for Register includes a few major features, including Improved printing configurability for Tyro integrated payments, a full end to end return process for Mercury integrated payments and an update to support the new iZettle Contactless Pro device.
Remember, we’re making continual improvements to Vend Register, so we highly recommend you enable automatic updates on your iPad. You can do this on the iPad by going to the Settings app, scrolling to ‘iTunes & App Store’, and under the ‘Automatic Downloads’ section turning on ‘Updates’.
- An issue where receipts were sent by default when a sale had a customer attached
- An issue where sales dates would update when on account or lay-by sales were completed.
About Lorilynn McCorrister
Lorilynn is Vend’s Community Manager and resident music buff. Before joining Vend, Lorilynn worked in the music industry as a social media and artist manager. She loves writing, traveling, checking out live music, and, of course, communicating with Vend’s awesome group of retailers, partners and friends. You can get in touch with Lorilynn on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.