Our latest This Week in Retail post has some excellent info on how to engage and sell to customers on various channels. Whether you’re looking to touch base with shoppers via text, ecommerce, in-store, or through your customer service channels, the following articles will give you some insights to help step up your game.
1. Selling through customer service: How to turn customers into brand evangelists – How can you turn shoppers into loyal patrons who’ll not only buy from you, but who’ll vouch for your company and tell their friends? Three words: awesome customer service. John-Paul Narowski of karmaCRM writes that focusing on the customer (instead of just making money) is one of the best ways to generate sales and referrals. He shares real-life examples of how karmaCRM was able to make evangelists out of their customers and he also offers advice on how you can do the same.
2. Success secrets of the top 10 online retailers (Infographic) – This infographic gives you a snapshot of the most successful e-tailers today. It tells you how they got started, how much they’re making now, and most important, what they’re doing right. Check it out and get some quick tips on how your business can win in e-commerce (and beyond).
3. A 5-step guide to winning with marketplaces – If you’re selling (or planning to sell) your merchandise on online marketplaces like eBay or Amazon, this post is a must-read. Amine Khechfe shares practical advice that’ll help you thrive on these sites. (Bonus Vend tip: Make sure your inventory system seamlessly integrates with the marketplace you’re using with Stitch Labs.)
4. Better calls-to-action, content propel next-generation SMS segmentation – In this post, Mobile Marketer provides best practices and examples that can help retailers increase opt-ins, sales, and engagement through SMS marketing. It shares advice on segmenting subscribers, optimizing calls to action, and figuring out the best SMS content.
5. Beyond the grocery smart cart, the iBeacon beckons – Still trying to figure out all the new technologies hitting retail stores? AdWeek offers a quick and simple overview of the latest gadgets merchants are using to engage and convert shoppers. It comes with images as well as examples, and should help you better understand how you can use these new gizmos in your stores.